What Are Keywords?
Think of Keywords as Tags
- Keywords are the words that describe your research topic. These can be individual words or phrases.
- Keywords are the words you use to search catalogs, article databases and the Internet.
Where Do keywords come from?
Keywords are generated by your topic
Restate your topic as a question.
- Look for the keywords in your topic statement or question. This will help determine the key concepts.
- Do a quick search in a general database like Academic Search Complete or in the ALICE catalog.
- Look at the "Subjects:" listed under the article title. Scan the abstract, (a thumbnail sketch of the article), for additional keywords.