The Steps of college research
Steps of College Research
- Choose a topic.
- Narrow or broaden the topic as needed.
- Identify the keywords for your research question.
- Before you begin searching, you'll need to locate the
most important word to use.
- Find information.
- Use the online catalogs and article databases.
- Evaluate what you find.
- Evaluation includes criteria such as authority,
accuracy, and lack of bias.
- Avoid plagiarism.
- Observe academic ethical standards.
- Keep track of what information from what source.
- Use our Plagiarism Guide.
- Cite accurately.
- Use our Citation Style Guides and other library