Why use the library?
Why should I use the library?
1. Google does not have all of the answers.
- In fact, most of the content on the Internet is not publicly available. Only about 14% of all pages on the Internet are publicly available through Google.
- Devine, J., & Egger-Sider, F. (2014). Going beyond Google again (pp. 15-16). Chicago, IL: American Library Association.
2. Libraries have librarians.
- Librarians are able to help guide you through massive amounts of information out there. Librarians are experts in researching, they know how to find information from different sources and subjects.
3. Not everything is free on the web.
- When searching for resources online you will run into pay-walls for content. The library provides databases, books, articles, and more for FREE.
4. The library provides a safe and empowering environment for all learners.
- Many students use the library as a third-space to study and work on group projects.
- Aside from books library also has computers, cameras, DVDs, and laptops for checkout.